Pastel goth, at the moment, is a micro-trend that lives mostly in the Tumblr blogosphere that incorporates gothic signifiers but subverts them by incorporating pastel shades that you’d normally find in PAAS Easter Egg kit. Hallmarks of pastel goth style usually include, dyed hair in pastel shades and cutesy images combined with skulls, eyeballs, inverted crosses and the like.
Equal parts slightly satirical and genuinely sentimental, pastel goth provides an alternative for those who may feel ~dark~ inside, but candy-colored on the outside. Want to get a head start on pastel goth? Here are some pieces to get you started.
1. ASOS Embellished Collar Pleat Skater Dress ($86)
2. Sequin Eye Sweatshirt ($46)
3. Kiss My Butt Tee ($30)
4. Black Eyeball Stockings ($14)
5. Winged Eyeball Necklace ($12)
6. Vintage Skeleton Bow Hand Clips ($7)
7. Ombre Tights Pink-turquoise ($32)
8. UO Ombre Hair Chalk Set ($10)
9. Qozmo Platform Heels ($100)
10. Barf Socks ($15)
11. Laurel Canyon Open Back Blouse ($39)
12. So Clueless Double Rhinestone Choker ($24)
13. Everybody Hates Me Cutoff Sleeve ...Read More →