By Laura Franco
After wowing the crowd on Monday night’s episode of “Dancing with the Stars,” the proud dad wished his son Alfonso Lincoln Ribeiro, Jr., a happy first birthday, then revealed a big surprise: “As a wonderful present, my wife [Angela Unkrich] and I decided to get him a little brother or sister.”
In honor of Alfonso’s exciting news, we couldn’t help but wonder what his “Fresh Prince” alter ego Carlton Banks would think about the thrilling — yet terrifying — world of parenthood. After all, he and Will did provide viewers with some pretty valuable and sage life lessons.
So here are the top tips we think Carlton would offer to parents everywhere — and, yes, dancing is totally involved:
1. Make sure your kids value education and ambition.
2. Teach your brood to dress for success.
3. Don’t be afraid to take a fall. Just, um, try to pick yourself up real fast.
4. Being a good role model means knowing when to say yes — and how to say no.
5. Practice good grammar.
6. Take the time to stop and bask in your own glow.
7. Eat two (or 20) pieces of candy for every temper tantrum.
8. Keep smiling, through good and bad times.
9. But if you really ...Read More →